Fondazione L’Albero della Vita works in Milan, Genoa, Perugia, Naples, Catanzaro and Palermo to help families in poor economic conditions to overcome this difficult moment and build a new happy life.
1.6 million poor children in Italy
According to ISTAT (Italian National Statistical Institute), children living in absolute poverty in Italy in 2021 are estimated to be 1.6 million, twice as much as in 2011. Poor families keep on increasing, a phenomenon which significantly affects the weakest, namely, children.
New poor people within the Italian middle class
Among the new poor, a growing number of Italians has been registered, belonging in particular to that middle class and those social groups that usually did not experience any social distress. In other words, ordinary Italians, who used to have no specific problems, are currently facing serious difficulties. In line with the European Commission’s recommendation “Investing in Children”, Fondazione L’Albero della Vita has intervened with Fondazione Progetto Arca to build facilities to accommodate these needy families, who are not taken care of by social services due to the excessive number of households in need.
A home and many services for everyone
More than 1000 families accommodated will be provided with:
- a social market service, receiving essential goods by associations
- assistance and guidance on healthcare servicesi
- help to go back to a normal life (e.g. finding a job)
- training and awareness-raising programme
- launch of a lab for children to help them face the situation
- creation of a network to help families to support themselves, even mutually
How you can help
Help these families to start anew. Support them now.